Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...

December 10th...

officially 3 more days left in this forsaken semester.

4 days until I leave for a week in the Caribbean with the family.

19 days until I get to see my lover again. :]

oh yeah I'm 19.


~*~*~

So the last day of my semester consists of a microbiology test around 10, which means I might be able to make it out of Philly by 12. Seriously if you ever have the desire to visit Philadelphia, squelch that idea instantly. The Schuylkill Expressway is always loaded with traffic. The roads are terribly paved. OH and yeah the city smells like ass more often than not.

Now there are a lot of things that I will admit are nice about Philadelphia. Everyone knows where it is... even my redneck, back-wood friends and relatives. There's an amazing place on Walnut near 36th called Naked chocolate cafe which has become my new addiction. I can visit Penn's campus which is absolutely beautiful compared to my campus. There is not a Starbucks on every corner like there is in Boston, which is a nice change... now I don't have to see prissy Soy latte extra foam nose in the air assholes almost get hit by cars on every road because they are too busy yelling into the bluetooth phone to be paying attention to the fact that traffic is indeed headed in their direction. Oh and there's a killer pizza place called Allegro's... I could live off their menu.

In general I guess Philadelphia is nice. I would much prefere something not cold, wet, and wretched during the winter or hot, sticky, and smelly during the summer. (Philly is nice when it's spring and isn't raining... like today it's raining.)

Oh yeah, I am on my base's deploy list for next August. yay? I wasn't too upset about it until my friend JT who is ROTC told me that he was looking forward to graduating in uniform with me. There are only three of us that are military members, and I am enlisted while the two boys are ROTC... lazy bums. haha.

No comments: